Thursday, December 19, 2013

Blackfish

I recently read an article my sister wrote about a film, "Blackfish", about Orca whales and Sea World theme parks and one of there whales' Tilikum. This film is amazing ! The movie is full of information that I myself have never had of, for instance I did not know that Seaworld hunted their Whales in 1977 off the coast of Washington, then once removed by the US goverment, they moved to Iceland to hunt Whales. Blackfish is a movie that pulled on my heart and somehow made me feel gulity for even purchasing a ticket to Seaworld. Blackfish is a MUST SEE MOVIE, you can watch it on Netflix 24/7, it is something I believe everyone should watch before going to Seaworld. For me and my family, we wont be returning. Watching what has happened to these whales makes me also wonder about other places like Busch Gardens, the real question the movie ask is, "Is it ok to make animals live for our entertainment?". For my family, the answer is NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment